A nice surprise to see clear a clear blue sky when we go tip this morning, however this will explain the very cold night , temperature dropped to 4c, hopefully it will soon warm
Up.
Our journey back up the Coventry Canal was much nicer than the trip there, no rain and quite about of sunshine. It was very quiet not many people traveling on the canal today.
We saw many interesting things on route, please see photos.
I managed to get washing done, dried and ironed whilst Les was on the tiller.
We stopped for lunch near the Ricoh Arena home of Coventry football club, afterwards made a visit to Tesco again, it's a huge store and there are also many other shops in the vicinity.
Made another stop for a tea break where I managed to pick a jug full of blackberries and also some stinging nettles! This was not a mistake but having read of Lois Janes blog about them having them with their a meal I decided to give them a go. I have to say I wore rubber gloves to pick them and prepare them too. The nettles were great, I added just a tablespoon of water to a saucepan and wilted the nettles for about 5 mins. I had googled the use of nettles first and found them to rich in iron and many other minerals and vitamins. The taste was similar to spinach, very enjoyable and I will not hesitate to pick some again.
We took
The ashby Canal turning at Marsden Junction and continued until we reached the Lime Kiln pub and earth where we have moored for the night.



No comments:
Post a Comment